what i wore wednesday

so i’ve been toying with the idea of doing some outfit posts for some time now … and i finally got brave enough to put one together! my readers know i love clothes and love to help you all shop for great deals on cute stuff, but sometimes the stock photos can get boring and repetitive. so i’m going to occasionally start bringing you some outfit posts!

here are the things i promise to you:
a) no this is not going to turn into just a fashion blog. i will still post all the great deals i find all the time! this is just a way to show you some affordable fashion in something other than a stock photo.
b) no i won’t post about a $300 tee shirt or $3,000 bag. while i would LOVE to be able to afford to buy stuff like this, it’s just not happening for this girl! and for most of my friends and people i know in real life, they can’t afford that crap either. so i’m going to give you guys some ideas and options on outfits that i think are cute and won’t break the bank.

this week’s outfit is mostly from target AND the killer peter pan collar dress is ON SALE for $12.48 (orig. $24.99, sold online only). and it comes in 7 fab colors. i want them all.

dress: target (on sale)
leggings: target (on sale)
boots: miz mooz (old), similar
i’m a little nervous like i said since this is my first attempt at an outfit post, so leave me some love below and let me know what you think!

Comments

Preston & Syd:

Love this outfit! I think outfit posts are a great idea!! It gives ideas of how to put affordable outfits together. You are darling!

mint arrow:

Thank you so much! I am so glad you like it!

Raree:

It is a cute outfit. I especially love the boots – too bad they're probably not available any more. 🙂 Have you heard of "dressing your truth"? Google it. It's really fascinating.

mint arrow:

thanks rach! the boots are old but i posted a link to some that are almost the same just with a lower heel! i will have to check out that link 🙂

Lacy Bennett:

I love it! I did a style post on my family blog the other day and lots more people look at your blog when you do this. It&#39;s a little awkward at first, but its fun to have the opportunity to dress up..especially as new moms when we only want to wear sweatpants. Keep them coming! Who doesn&#39;t like looking at a cute girl like you? <br />www.lovelaceblog.com

mint arrow:

lace, i am typing this as i sit in some yoga pants and a target tee ha ha. just peeked at your blog – so cute! love reading about your life as a new mommy.

taylorann:

I love it!! I actually went and purchased the dress in navy blue 🙂 I like this because yeah we can see the stock photos…but you really never know how they look in REAL life on REAL people who haven&#39;t been photo shopped to death! Thanks so much for the good buy 🙂

mint arrow:

thanks so much taylorann! i think it&#39;s helpful too to see how it all comes together. i&#39;m so glad you liked it! that navy one is super cute. i might have to go back and get it in that color too 🙂

Katie Waldron:

I think this is so refreshing &amp; such a great idea. And you are absolutely darling so everyone will love it. XO

mint arrow:

thank you so much katie!!

Les:

Normally, I don&#39;t really like outfit posts. They depress me because I can&#39;t afford anything they are wearing and it makes me feel like I am not stylish at all. But if it&#39;s a post like yours saying &quot;Hey look at this cute outfit, you can get it too and it&#39;s on SALE&quot; then I&#39;m totally down. I bought this dress today. And I never would have bought it without seeing you in

mint arrow:

haha leslie! you made me laugh out loud. i am so glad you got the dress! it will be way cute on you!

mary elizabeth:

love it, such a great idea and you look so great! can&#39;t wait to see more!