Why is it so hard to find great gifts for 2 year olds? (1 year olds, too, but you can find that gift guide here!) Here's the thing – if you feel that way, it's time to make your shopping a little easier. This gift guide has something for every kind of toddler! Whether you're shopping for a birthday coming up, a holiday, or just trying to find a fun surprise, this post is for you.
Best gifts for 2 year olds
- Wood Building Blocks: These blocks will keep your creative builder busy for hours. Over 4,000 global ratings gave this gift 4.9 out of 5 stars – that’s pretty perfect. Grab this 60-piece set for the toddler who's always creating & imagining!
- Medical Kit Play-set: This fun set is such a great gift for 2 year olds as they really lean into imaginative play! For under $20 this an affordable gift that will be played with for years.
- Easel: This easel comes with bins and 33 feet of pull down paper roll… ENDLESS fun! The bottom also has a storage space that's the perfect home for all the art accessories so you don't end up finding them all over the house.
- Shopping Cart: This mini shopping cart allows for a TON of interactive play. It's super high quality compared to a lot of plastic shopping carts for kids, and has tons of high ratings!
- T-Ball set: This was one of Harry's favorite gifts for his 2 year old birthday! It's under $30, has over 15,000 near perfect reviews, and will be used for at least 2-3 more years.
- Mickey's Fire Engine: This is UNDER $20 right now, and it's one of the cutest gifts for 2 year olds who love Mickey and his friends! It has lights and sounds which also makes it extra fun.
- Mesh Tunnel: This is 33% OFF right now and a great addition to your playroom. This tunnel is super lightweight and perfect for the super active kids who need space to explore. This can easily pack up and go with you, too.
- Jigsaw Puzzles: These wooden puzzles come in 4 or 6 pack sets at an affordable price. These puzzle pieces are safe (meaning they’re all too big to be a choking hazard), BPA-free, and colorful!
- Waterpark Play Table: Help develop early motor skills with this fun summer activity! This water play table will beat the heat while giving fun challenges to make wheels turn, scoop balls, and fill water cups together.
- Doll Stroller: If your little girl is obsessed with bringing her doll everywhere, grab this adorable pink stroller. This is super compact in size and will be easy for her to navigate all throughout the house.
- Baby Doll: If she needs her first baby doll, grab this! This super soft doll has the cutest dress and headband & comes with a pacifier.
- Hot Wheels set: Monster trucks, bright colors, fast wheels – oh my! This set is super fun for the toddler who loves anything that goes vroom. Catch your little playing with these for hoooours on end.
- Cleaning Tool Set: This kid sized set is one of the most perfect gifts for 2 year olds, especially if your little loves to be mommy’s helper. The tools come on the cutest hanging rack which will help further their independence, too. Easy to get to and easy to put away!
- Book Set: It kind of feels like you can never have enough books with kids, and this Little Learners 10 book set could fill a library! These are great beginner books that'll introduce counting, colors, feelings, animals, and more topics.
- Indoor Playhouse: Get ready for lots of sleepovers and playtime in this adorable play tent! This has hassle-free set up and is super durable and easy to clean – not to mention it comes in the cutest prints.
- Strider Bike: TONS of great ratings on this bike to get your little one familiar with riding as they stand and balance on their own. Because Strider bikes don’t have pedals, it’s a great introduction to steering and finding balance, making it that much easier to try a true bike when they’re ready!
- Play Kitchen: This vintage play kitchen is SO cute with gold fixtures and quartz countertops – it takes play kitchens to the next level. Plus, some of the pieces like the sink are removable which makes for an easy cleanup when needed.
- Bubble Machine: This is one of the best gifts for 2 year olds! This machine creates up to 5,000 bubbles per minute. Your little won't be able to keep up with this. It connects to a power adapter, OR it takes batteries, and has a splash-proof design to keep the soap to a minimum.
- Sidewalk Chalk Set: This jumbo set of chalk sticks comes with a durable chalk holder! These are a great gift for toddlers learning how to grip (plus it keeps their hands a little cleaner!). Major win!
- Play Kitchen Sink: Get ready for hours of pretend play fun with this toy sink and stove top designed to let kids feel like they’re a part of the cooking/dish washing process! This comes with cute kitchen accessories, too.
2 much 2 love
These gifts for 2 year olds will hopefully inspire more development and fun for your favorite little toddler! Remember to check for Amazon Prime on most of these items, and shop while the deals last.