Lizzy Jensen is a mother of five, an attorney, entrepreneur, and the founder of a non-profit called The Small Seed, which is designed to bring women of faith together. In today's podcast, my dear friend Lizzy shares what inspired her to start The Small Seed from a hospital bed while carrying high-risk twins, and why she feels so passionately about having a place for women to share about and strengthen each other's faith.
Lizzy talks to me about why she believes it's SO important to have diversity in the religious backgrounds of those she brings onto her team at The Small Seed. We also talk about why religious freedom must be battled for right now in our schools and places of worship and even in the workplace.
She brings the fire today talking about why modern discipleship is something we have to embrace together rather than having differences tear us apart in our growingly divisive world. Finally, she shares some of the very doable takeaways you can start doing today to grow closer to God and share that joy with others.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What drew her to start a nonprofit and bring Christian women together
- Serving as a missionary for 18 months in Croatia
- Being assigned a religious asylum case in law school, she got to read through hundreds of cases of religious refugees and PERSECUTION happening in our world RIGHT NOW
- How Clayton Christensen’s book changed her life
- Dealing with a high-risk pregnancy
- How she started her blog and some interesting things they’re doing right now to make faith not just a church or religion thing but to touch a broader base of families
- The number one and growing religious affiliation
- The risks of losing our religious freedom
- Don't underestimate what one person can do in a community.
- Ways to stay firm with your message
- You just have to be that ONE light, not the whole city.
- Why you need to get to know your neighbors
- Lizzy’s passion to bring people to Christ and empower this generation to become modern disciples
- “Remember that discipleship is not about doing things perfectly. It's about doing things intentionally.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
The Small Seed Website
The Small Seed Instagram
Book: “The Power of Everyday Missionaries” by Clayton Christensen
TV Series: “The Chosen”
Dieter F. Uchtdorf Talk “Your Great Adventure”
Did you know we hunt down THE BEST deals every day M-F? Text DEALS to 949-506-2558 and we'll send you the best deals that are live TODAY!
Looking for the perfect gifts for people you love this Christmas? Text GIFTS to 949-506-2558 and we'll send you our master list of GIFT GUIDES so you can find the perfect gift for anyone from a toddler to a tween, a man or a woman, or even ideas on what YOU might want this year!
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Produced by Emerald City Productions
Listen, rate, and subscribe here on apple podcasts, or listen here on Spotify.