We are so excited to dedicate this post to sharing some of our very favorite Black-owned businesses! I thought today would be a great day to share some black-owned businesses at places you're probably shopping at already. From beauty to accessories, we created this list to celebrate some of our sisters and brothers whose creativity and passion deserve to be sung from the mountain tops!
Black Owned Beauty Brands
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna: Thank you RiRi for creating “beauty for all!” Rihanna launched this line because she found that so many cosmetics brands lacked diversity in tones and types. Fenty’s products all have amazing reviews on Sephora, so you can’t go wrong with anything you choose! Their glosses are some of my all-time faves because the consistency is just perfect. Not too sticky or clumpy, but perfectly shimmery and hydrating! My go-to colors are Fussy (a pigmented pink) and Sweet Mouth (a soft pink) and both are stunning.
- Shani Darden Skincare: Shani is a celebrity esthetician and KNOWS HER STUFF!! Before she had her own skincare line, she used to mix her own stuff to create the most amazing potions for her celeb clients. Try the Retinol Reform-it will change your life (and your skin!).
- Pat McGrath Labs: Pat McGrath is THE makeup artist, and who better to create makeup than the one who needs to use the best for her own clients? This lipgloss in sunset potion is one of my faves, or you can get it in a trio here and try pretty 3 shades and have a mini-version as a backup!
- Briogeo: This company is led by Nancy Twine, who craved good haircare products but saw nothing on the market that was both natural and performance driven. She created this line, along with her grandmother, and the beauty world erupted in applause! Try the Avocado + Kiwi hair mask, your tresses will thank you!
- FreshSeedGlow: The internet loves Latoya's homemade skincare, raving about both the clean fragrances AND results!
Black-Owned Home Decor and Accessory Businesses
- MarciaVidalJewellery: Marcia's handmade jewelry is STUNNING! She makes everything from wedding bands to earrings, and it's all flawless.
- EmmaMakeStudio: Emma's darling art and prints will liven up any room. I love her creativity and that her stuff is unlike anything else on the market!
- OmiWoods: Ashley's stackable necklaces and unique charms set her jewelry shop apart from the rest. I especially love that she integrates her culture into so many of the pieces!
- KingsleyLeather: Kingsley's leather goods are SO well made, and the thousands of 5 star reviews agree! He makes and sells everything from wallets to cufflinks, all of which make fantastic and thoughtful gifts!
- EshJewelryCollection: I love Tasha's fashion statement jewelry. Her pieces are so well made and unique!
- MorningJoyCo: Husband and wife duo Justin and Jasmine create the most beautiful laser-cut wood masterpieces! You can customize a sign or even a cutting board and have your own one of a kind piece in your home.
- linguaNigra: Alicia's jewelry is culturally inspired and handcrafted. I especially love the hand-etched gold bangles!
When you know better, DO BETTER!
Over the weekend I re-watched Remember the Titans with my girls (at their request!) and read them the children's book version of Hidden Figures. We are committed to doing better in our home by having conversations about diversity and looking for ways to be more inclusive and thoughtful about what we consume, what we expose our kids to, what we buy, and who we support.
I also loved having Jennifer Borget on the podcast recently and last year talking about racial inclusion, and Nicole Walters' interview about faith in business last year as well. I have more Black women lined up as guests for my podcast in the near future whose stories I can't wait to share with you.
I hope you enjoyed seeing some of our favorite Black-owned businesses in today's roundup! More of our faves below: