Have you ever felt completely overwhelmed by looking at the future, or how to overcome a huge hurdle, or even how you’re going to make an inch of PROGRESS when you’ve got miles ahead of you? Today, we’re talking about the life-altering concept of “one day at a time” and why it’s absolutely vital in both addiction recovery and in spiritual progression.
One day at a time is a true principle of the gospel of Jesus Christ and in all aspects of life. When you choose to make good choices and choose to live one day at a time, focusing on one small thing at a time and giving it your full attention, it’s amazing how you’re able to ACHIEVE more – not to mention the happiness it brings when you learn to TRUST God in handling the rest.
If you’re looking to make changes in the NEW YEAR, this episode will walk you through some practical tips on sticking with it one day at a time.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What one day at a time means
- What life looked like for Neil before living one day at a time feeling he never measured up to anything and projecting what he felt in the moment
- Snippets of transformation when Neil started living one day at a time
- Fear is a common element for people struggling with addiction. It's what anchors people in destructive behaviors.
- Addiction is the symptom of an underlying problem, not the solution.
- FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real
- Neil’s daily practices living in recovery and living one day at a time
- How the one day at a time concept can be applied to other things in life
- Prioritizing things is important and spiritual connection is key.
- How the principle helped Neil when a major life event happened and he was powerless
- What it was like for me experiencing postpartum depression and how this principle has helped me through it
- Thoughtful planning and preparation are key to a rewarding future. But we do not live in the future. We live in the present. It is one day at a time that we achieve our goals.
- Letting go of fear, control, and expectations and surrendering everything to God
“Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread” D. Todd Christofferson
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Produced by Emerald City Productions