Boss Babe Jamie O’Banion launched BeautyBio in 2011 with one mission, Truth in Beauty. After working alongside her father in their family-owned cosmetic lab and learning to speak beauty as a second language, Jamie witnessed prestige brands using minimal concentrations of active ingredients to save on costs but still make clinical claims.
Having created several best-selling formulas, Jamie and her father were ready to design a line that was not only efficacious but formula-honest and results-driven.
Inspired to pull back the industry’s curtain, the duo launched the first-ever at-home patented microneedling tool in 2016. It was designed for consumers to get the results of in-office treatments without the hefty price tag for each treatment.
Today, Jamie sits down with me to discuss STEM and her love for education from a young age. We talk about work ethics and balancing career and motherhood. She also shares her secret formula for success that she teaches her children as well as what she wants them to put first in order to succeed in life.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What drew her to STEM even as a young girl
- We often emulate what we grew up around.
- Reach for the moon and if you fall short, you might just land on a star. There's 0% opportunity for you to achieve a really ambitious goal if you don't try for it.
- Empowering your children to do their own research
- You can do anything you want in life if you work hard and stay close to the Lord.
- Things don't have to always make sense – you just have to give yourself permission to trust the process.
- Remembering there are seasons of life
- Taking a pause to make sure you have a shared vision with your spouse
- Balancing motherhood and doing what you feel called to do
- The importance of having a growth mindset
- Some great leadership insights
Beauty Bio account: @beautybio
“The Messy Middle” by Scott Belsky
“Mindset” by Dr. Carol Dweck
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Produced by Emerald City Productions