If you're having a baby OR know someone having a baby…bookmark this post, send it to your friend, and thank us later! Our Best Baby Registry List Ever is the definitive goat – pretty much Websters Dictionary on all things to stock up on before bringing home baby (plus everything you'll need during that first year essentially). THIS post is different – Walmart has a pretty exceptional baby selection, our team has been obsessing over all of the adorable and crazy affordable toddler outfits our littles have been wearing all spring and summer long (more on that here).
With Bobby's arrival, it was time to do the baby routine all over again. ENTER: Walmart. These are the absolute must-have items for mama + baby that are also incredibly well priced, aesthetically pleasing, and just flat out more functional than they've ever been in the past – making everyone's life during the newborn/infant stage just a little bit easier. Think pretty much everything a new mama wants (first timer or not!). Let's get into our favorite mama + baby essentials.
In a hurry? Go straight to the deals below!
Essentials for Baby + Mama 101:
- Nursery Fresh Diaper Pail Refills – Okay, maybe not the most glamorous purchase, but definitely a baby essential you'll go through tons of! These are SUPER affordable at less than $15 and can hold up to 816 diapers. A super cost-effective diaper refill bag because who wants to spend a ton of money on something that you're actually tossing in the trash?!
- Pampers Aqua Pure Baby Wipes – Wipes are another pricy item that you go through TONS of, so finding an affordable option is so important until the potty training days (and let's be real, even after!). These water-based wipes are super gentle making them perfect for baby's sensitive skin. This six-pack is well under $20 for over 330 wipes and gets the job done!
- The Honest Company, Clean Conscious Diapers – These diapers are a long time fave! These are always a top-rated diaper option and we love that they're non-toxic and hypoallergenic. And while no diaper is truly blow-out proof, let's just say we find these to be way more effective than others on the market!
- Modern Moments by Gerber Unisex Long Sleeve Coverall – Okay, something CUTE! How precious is this printed coverall?! This comes in 16 colors/print and patterns and is SO affordable at just $9 (so you can justifiably grab a few!). Plus the fabric is so soft and cozy to keep baby comfortable all day long and the patterns and colors look like this would cost way more at any other store.
- Spark Create Imagine Plush Knit Fox – We cannot get over how darling these knit stuffed animals are! The designer version of these are 7-8x the price and these are dare we say, equally as cute for a fraction of the price!
- Spark Create Imagine Clip-on Mirror Raccoon Toy – Under $4! WHAT! This little clip on mirror raccoon is adorable and we still have sticker shock that this is literally $3.84 for something that you'll use pretty much daily for at least the first 5-6 months after baby arrives!
- Monbebe Serenity Baby Rocker with 3 positions – If there's ever been a spot-on dupe for a much pricier rocker by a brand that has the word “Baby” in it (hint hint) it's THIS! This is every mama's saving grace when you need to buy a few minutes to tidy the kitchen, throw on some makeup, or just need a hands-free break (no mom shaming here)! The fact that this is SO cute in the neutral gray pattern means it won't stick out like a sore thumb with your home decor and it's a much more budget-friendly option than the designer version at just $69.99.
- Modern Moments by Gerber Baby Boy Sleeveless Bodysuit, 2 Pack – These ribbed bodysuits are a staple! With sizes ranging from newborn to 24 months, these are the perfect lightweight fabric for the warmer months and come in the cutest color combos for just $12 FOR TWO!
- FridaBaby BreatheFrida Aloe Baby Wipes – These are perfect for helping keep boogies at bay and giving baby relief from any congestion they may have. Less than $5 and gentle with ingredients like vitamin e, aloe vera, and chamomile these are always a good idea to have on hand.
- FridaBaby Not-Too-Cold-To-Hold Teether – Okay, this is one of those genius products! This teether gives your baby the ability to hold something warm (or at least not frozen) so they're comfortable grasping it while relieving their aching gums. Like seriously brilliant!
- Spark Create Imagine Taggie Crinkle Paper Toy Bear – Another super affordable (and not a garishly bright primary color – haha) toy! These sensory toys are so good for infant development and we love the woodland bear.
- Spark Create Imagine Moose Knit Plush – If the fox isn't your thing, maybe you can't resist a moose in overalls?! Designer inspired for way, way less and just so precious for $10.
- Monbebe Bolt Diaper Bag Backpack with Bassinet Changing Station – The inventions just keep getting better. A super practical diaper bag that doubles as a changing station?! Mind blown. This spacious backpack can store SO many essentials and it even expands to a full blown changing center complete with netting on the sides to keep baby secure. This even comes with stroller hooks in case it wasn't practical enough already?! Under $40, this backpack is bomb.
- Monbebe Stroller Organizer – Okay, something to keep the mamas organized for when you're out and about and need to be able to quickly access things like a bottle or sippy cup, your phone, some puffs, etc. This is just one of those practical items that you'll definitely want to add to your stroller ASAP to keep you from digging around in a diaper bag while you're on the go.
- Spark Create Imagine Baby Bear Activity Play Mat Gym – This already SUPER affordable play gym is an even better price right now on sale for just $15.99. This is another daily essential baby toy that your little will get so much use out of and we're here to confirm the colors are cute and won't make you cringe!
- Spark Create Imagine My First Activity Gift Set – This 8-piece set is so cute with the soft colors (that you won't want to hide it away the second company comes over – let's be real) and will keep your little one busy and engaged as they start to explore!
- Monbebe 4-in-1 Multipurpose Nursing Cover and Infinity Scarf – A nursing cover is such a staple baby item if you plan on breastfeeding and want to have the option to cover-up if that's what you're comfortable with while out in public. This also doubles as a carseat and a shopping cart cover while you're out and about, making it even more practical at less than $15!
Are you singing Baby, Baby, Baby, Ohhhhh…. yet?! (because same). We can't get over the leaps and bounds some of our favorite baby items have come in the last ten years! Not only are things cuter, they're even more functional + smart than they've ever been before. And to top it all off, these prices simply can't be beat. So whether you're stocking up for your own growing family or gifting any of these to an expecting mama you'll be saving money while also getting some of the cutest and smartest baby gear out there. Enjoy those newborn snuggles + soak in every moment, Mama!