If you loved the 90s like we loved the 90s, then you are probably doing your happiest Running Man, Roger Rabbit or Cha Cha Slide on the regular these days. Three decades later and 90s fashion is back in a BIG way! Love bike shorts? You got it, dude. Scrunchies? You got it, dude. Fanny packs? Dude, you got it!
The nineties were such a bold decade of fashion and we're super stoked some of the hottest trends are cool again. Keep reading for our TEN favorite 90s fashion trends that are so NOW.
90s fashion faves
- Neon: Fluorescent shades started making a comeback a year ago and they're totally here to stay for another summer. They make us nostalgic for our 90s childhoods and all the Saved By the Bell reruns.
- Tie-dye: Raise your hand if you've tie-dyed during quarantine! It's such a fun pattern and easy way to add some pops of color to your wardrobe. It's super on trend and makes us feel like blasting a little Mmmmbop forever.
- Track suits: Sporty track suits were super popular in the 90s and since athleisure is so a thing, it's no surprise these made a major comeback. (we have a whole post on styling tracksuits here)
- Biker shorts: Biker shorts are a 90s fashion trend we hope never leaves because they are like leggings, but summer ready! They're comfortable and casual and perfect for all the activities.
- Leopard print: Animal print was never really out of style, but leopard print was a very 90s vibe. Corrine has said for years that it's her favorite neutral, but it's also a total fashion statement with a lot of bite.
- Scrunchies: Scrunchies are functional and adorable. They are the perfect way to add an easy pop of playfulness to your outfit. They come in so so many fun colors and patterns these days to dress up your topknot or ponytail.
- Mom jeans: High waisted “mom jeans” are back and better than ever. Despite all the jokes about these jeans, the silhouette is actually super flattering and we are very here for that. These jeans are a little low in stock, so here's another pair we love with plenty of sizes.
- Platform shoes: Didn't it feel like all shoes were platform shoes in the 90s? There were platform sneakers and platform sandals and the Spice Girls loved them ALL. They are super comfortable and such an easy way to add some height and elongate those legs.
- Logo tees + band tees: Our love for a graphic tee is well documented. They are popping up everywhere these days, just like they did in the 90s. Bring back some old school boy band nostalgia and say BYE BYE BYE to that money.
- Thick headbands: Hair accessories were HUGE in the 90s. Claw clips, butterfly clips, zig zag headbands and big thick headbands!
As if that's all
If you thought this roundup was all that and a bag of chips, get ready to keep clicking because we've got even more shoppable 90s fashion favorites below. What is YOUR favorite 90s trend?