Something simple I absolutely love are the nights when Neil grills on the smoker and we have a family outdoor dinner. There’s just no better way to spend a warm, spring/summer night with the fam! Neil grills and I put together a salad or sometimes a potato dish and it’s really that simple, but such a nice way to spend time as a family.
As a mom, being able to have an outdoor dining area is a dream come true and today I’m sharing my top picks from The Home Depot that'll give your outdoor dinner guests all the heart eyes! Not only am I sharing items that'll make your outdoor space super functional and cute, but I'm also sharing some great Mother’s Day gift ideas that she’ll actually love, too.
Let's talk prices on these outdoor dinner items & Mother's Day gifts
What makes this post even better is that through May 1st, Feels Like Spring at The Home Depot has tons of items up to 35% OFF!! Make sure to take advantage of the huge savings while you can!
Tips on a Mother’s Day outdoor dinner that cuts down the work
If you’re making a special meal at home, or hosting, and still want to enjoy the time and not work TOO hard – here’s what we do! Neil typically focuses on one main part of the meal like smoking meat and then we order the rest from our favorite local spot, Maison Cafe.
I absolutely love charcuterie boards and I ordered one and displayed it on this cheese board and tool set – it came out so pretty! This cheese board is super convenient and has all the right cutting tools handy in the bottom layer.
Ordering mom's favorite appetizer (like a charcuterie board), sides, and a dessert will help cut down a ton of the work to prepare for an outdoor dinner or brunch, and lets us mamas enjoy that much more of the day!
PSSTTT…Neil, I hope you’re reading this!
Outdoor dinnerware that sets the scene
We’ve been using Melamine plates for outdoor meals for yearsss!!! They’re so nice because they're super durable and kid-proof, but hold their high quality look.
I'm obsessed with this set because it’s a service for 4 people for $50 which is a little more than $10 per setting. Here’s what you'll get: a dinner plate, salad plate, and a bowl – perfect for dessert after dinner!
Do anyone else's children magically want three cups of water during dinner?! Filling up a pitcher and going in and out of the house x4 really delays when mom gets dinner, so I LOVE having this huge drink dispenser that lasts the whole meal, and my kids can use themselves!
I got my littles bamboo cups and Harry in his normal fashion threw the cup on the ground and it didn’t break! When they’re Harry-proof, you know they’re going to last. These cups are pretty neutral and at a super affordable price.
If your kids are a little older or you don’t need as big of a water dispenser, I love this 1-quart water bottle! For UNDER $35 this water bottle comes with a set of 4 glasses which is a amazing!
We recently replaced our outdoor glassware with this drinking jar set and they’re SO cute! This 12-piece set is also included in The Home Depot Spring Event and we’re loving their mason jar look. My kids are obsessed with using them for some reason, but they’ll come in handy all summer long! I can totally see us doing root beer float nights with these.
These placemats pulled the entire table setting together! We’ve been having outdoor dinners for four years now and this was the cutest I’ve ever seen our space. I credit it to these amazing hand woven placemats!
These placemats are really easy to clean – for bigger messes, you can wipe them down or hose them down with water and leave them to air dry. This copper flatware set complimented the placements so nicely and for a set of 4 The Home Depot’s price is amazing!
Our patio still needs some work, but even though it’s not 100% finished, these details made the space feel so cute and functional to enjoy our outdoor dinner. I was thrilled to find these home items and have them set up for Mother’s Day – it really makes the place feel special!
More Mother’s Day gift ideas
Now that you're ready for your outdoor dinner, let's talk gifts! Here are some super great gift ideas you can get at even better prices right now to make mom feel extra special on her day.
- Turkish Cotton Bath Robe: This is a great gift for UNDER $30 with an absorbent quick dry feature that makes this robe super practical. It has such a pretty striped design with detailing around the edges – perfect for lounging at home or a spa day!
- Dutch Oven: This is a great gift idea under $100 and super helpful if you’re cooking an outdoor dinner. This is an INCREDIBLE price compared to other name-brand dutch ovens. Love that the latte and matte black color options come with gold hardware. HEART EYES!!
- Food Processor: Another great price on a machine that mom’s going to get SO much use from this summer. Homemade strawberry jam, anyone?! This is SO easy to clean and it’s super helpful in the kitchen (or for making your outdoor dinner) whether you’re prepping and chopping food, making a dressing, or dips.
- White dinner napkin towels: These are one of my best hacks for having a nice dinner that's easy to clean up! These dinner napkins look like they're white cloth napkins that are perfectly pressed, but in reality they're disposable napkins. Such a win!
- Blendtec: This is THE gift for a mom who loves to cook! This blender is great for smoothies, salsas, soups, and so many more options. It uses the most powerful motors in the industry and will get the job done QUICK and really well. A great tool for your outdoor dinner, too! So many yummy possibilities!
- Waffle Maker: This gift is a dream for a mom with lots of little kids. The worst part about making waffles is everyone's hungry at the same time, and you can only make one waffle at a time. This double waffle maker's a genius idea for feeding lots of kiddos!
- Towel Warmer: This will not only make getting out of the shower or bath easier, it’s a really cute design that'll compliment your decor! It looks compact, but it can fit up to two oversized cotton towels. In 20 minutes your towels will warm up to the comfiest temp and the LCD screen lets you know optimal duration for the heating cycles – this would be such an amazing gift!
- 2-Pack King Pillows: It’s a practical gift, but something a lot of mamas would love – a good night of sleep! Pillows tend to be something we don’t switch out often enough, so this is a great choice to replace your old pillows with a super high quality and 100% USA-grown cotton set.
- Travel Jewelry Box: An under $30 price for an item you don’t think you need until you pack for a trip and all your jewelry gets tangled! If your mom or wife is always traveling, this is an adorable option for making her trips that much easier. This makes your jewelry super organized and can hold a ton of items.
- Weighted blanket: If she’s not sleeping well, try this great weighted blanket that takes the stress of the day off! It’s cooling and has a quilt look which looks super cute on bedding. This blanket just helps you fall asleep faster and longer – a great gift option for the hardworking mom!
The best price on Mother’s Day gifts & outdoor dinner items
Don’t forget that right now you can save up to 35% OFF on select items at The Home Depot through May 1st! Mother’s Day is just around the corner, so I hope you take advantage of these crazy good prices from The Home Depot to help your mom feel super loved this Mother’s Day – whether it's through a gift or a beautiful outdoor dinner!