Quick version: This is your ultimate tween fashion quick guide!
Ohhh the tween years…we’ve all been there, or are about to be there before we know it with our kids – that delicate period somewhere between childhood and adolescence. As a parent you’re trying to help your tween make the transition into their teen years while also soaking up those sweet moments where they’re still your baby. It’s tough! And what’s maybe even tougher is helping them get dressed during this time. Seriously! They’re not a little kid anymore and probably don’t want to dress like one either and have their own sense of style, and they’re also not a full blown teenager. It’s hard, we get it! That’s why we’re so excited to share our recent tween fashion finds that are GOOD! You’ll love these pieces, your tween will love them too and bonus they’ll love you for finding them really cute clothes that they feel great in and you approve of. Everyone wins! So let’s get into it.
Slide to see our fave picks:
Where to shop tween fashion
Fashion trends are forever changing, and let’s be real it can kinda feel like the clothes are getting tinier and tinier these days – yikes! Trying to find tween fashion that’s on trend and is still modest and age appropriate is super important. We’re trying to preserve our kids’ youth just a little while longer without denying them the fun of expressing themselves with the clothes they wear. And hey, what better time to start guiding your kids that they can still dress really cute/on trend and feel great about themselves without compromising when it comes to modesty. Hollister has done such a great job bringing the cutest trends that you can feel good about dressing your kids in, plus the prices are SO good. Like we were shocked at how affordable these pieces are. The prices are good, the outfits are adorable and Hollister might just be our new fave for all things tween fashion.
A shopping list for all your tween fashion needs:
- Mom Jeans: Relaxed jeans are here to stay and these mom jeans are the perfect loose fit without being overly baggy. The ultra high-rise is perfect to pair with some of the more cropped shirts. For just $39 this is a really nice quality of jeans that aren’t outrageously expensive.
- Cozy Cropped Sweater: We’re loving this crew neck sweater that’s a closet staple. Your tween will reach for this all fall and winter long. This is the perfect basic sweater that looks perfect with jeans, leggings and even skirts! And we’re loving the price point at just $29.
- Beanie: Okay, this cutie pom beanie is adorable and let’s be honest you’ll probably want to borrow it from your tween! This hat is super soft + warm giving all the cozy vibes. We love.
- Oversized Sweater: The perfect oversized sweater to throw on over leggings! This sweater is so cute and top rated for a reason. This can really be worn sooo many ways and everyone loves a cozy fit this time of year.
- Corduroy Pants: Okay cargo pants have been in again for awhile now and this similar style is so cute and unique! Everything we love about cargo pants – the fit and shape, the utilitarian vibes minus all the extra bulk from too many pockets. These are really so good and comfortable thanks to a drawstring waistband and they’re incredibly affordable at just $29.
- Classic Cable Knit: This sweater is completely timeless and something that everyone should have in their closet. Your tween can wear this to school, on the weekends, and even when they need something a bit nicer/more dressed up especially with the holidays coming up. An under $40 go with everything wardrobe must.
- Maxi Skirt: Another big trend rn! We love that this skirt will get so much use well into the spring and summer styled differently! This skirt would be so cute with a basic t-shirt and a denim jacket, or switch it up with an oversized sweater for a super boho look.
- Staple Winter Jacket: Depending where you live or where your travels take you this season a great warm jacket is a definite must. This super highly rated one comes in 7 different color options and is extremely cozy and warm. You can easily layer and bundle up underneath without adding too much extra bulk. Overall a great buy.
Tween fashion problems solved!
We’re so glad to find so many amazing options for tweens at Hollister. Everything is on trend, affordable and doesn’t make your tween look like they’re in their twenties! Shopping for and with your tween can be a fun experience that brings you together. So now that we have that settled, who's harder to shop for, your tween or your husband LOL!