We’re just over a week away from Memorial Day, and I’m already in full-on celebration mode over here! I love that the summer holidays are patriotic ones and we get to spend a long weekend enjoying those quintessentially American things like barbecue, popsicles, and watermelon in the backyard with family. I’m honestly just excited to have a few days off with nothing to do other than slather sunscreen on my kiddos, feel the sunshine on my face and maybe even read a book if I can sneak it in!
Today we gathered a handful of our favorite red, white, and blue finds to kick off your weekend shopping. These fun pieces will keep you cheery and patriotic all the way through summer to Labor Day!
- Steve Madden American Flag Square Scarf – Wear this in a tidy knot around your neck or tie it into a long, messy ponytail after swimming. So cute!
- REED WILSON DESIGN ‘Merican Dream’ Doormat – Keep your entryway on-brand with this cheeky doormat.
- Alex and Ani Heart Flag Adjustable Wire Bangle – If you prefer a more subtle touch of Americana, this sweet bangle is the way to go.
- Hong Kong Henley FREE PEOPLE – The ultimate lazy day top. This one is slouchy enough to toss on over a swimsuit, and the long sleeves make it work into the evenings when it cools off a bit.
- J. CREW J.Crew Martie Gingham Stretch Cotton Pants – Heart eye emoji for DAYS over here. You know how much I love a good gingham, and these are cotton with a bit of stretch, so they’ll feel as cool as they look in the summertime.
- Madewell Stripe Central Shirt – Wear this loose with jean shorts to a picnic lunch, then tuck it into a pencil skirt for church on Sunday. Win-win!
- Topshop Stripe One-Piece Swimsuit – I’m getting 90’s vibes in the best way. The high cut makes your legs look 15 miles long and the vibrant stripes will stand out in the best way.
- Pour Moi Getaway Swimsuit – Getaway swimsuit is right! The ruffle trim on this suit (especially over the legs–omg!) is just begging you to take it somewhere exciting.
- Warehouse Stripe Scallop Swimsuit – There are so many things to love about this suit. It’s got a fresh twist on the traditional blue-and-white stripe, an open back, and a feminine tie detail to finish the whole thing off.
- South Beach Red Tie Swimsuit – I had a red tie swimsuit last summer and I’m not going to lie, it was worn more than any other swimmer in my closet! BONUS: this one is only $22.
- J.Crew Strappy Laser Eyelet One-Piece Swimsuit – How cute would this one-piece be with some cut-off jean shorts and flip flops on your way to the pool? It’s got such a simple shape with the rounded v-neck and low back, but the eyelet pattern and cherry red color make it totally modern, too.
- Erica Lace-Up Top – I love the bright color, cozy fit, and trendy lace-up detail on this pullover top.
- Madewell Short-Sleeve Tie-Front Shirt in Rawley Stripe – Tie-front blouses are the ultimate. They have the put-together feel of a button-up with the tie to make it casual, and they’re just right when paired with your favorite worn denim.
- Madewell Embroidered Short-Sleeve Tie-Front Shirt in Fresh Strawberries – Everything I adore about tie-front blouses PLUS an all-too-sweet strawberry pattern? Yes and YES.
- MADEWELL Emmett Stripe Crop Wide Leg Pants – Maybe my favorite thing on this list?! I said maybe! High waist, contrasting buttons, versatile stripes…you could wear these with flats and a blouse for work or with a knotted tee shirt and sandals for the weekend.
- Madewell Setlist Boxy Stripe Tee – I probably buy a new variation on this tee every summer, but it’s such a go-to in my closet, I can never resist!
- Rolling Stones France Tee – Start me up! Everyone needs a few super-soft graphic tees in their closet, right?