i'm super excited to bring you this new series that i'm going to call friday faves! i've been thinking for a long time about how to just share some of my favorite products and so i'm thinking this is a good way. i'll round up some favorites in a category (or maybe once in a while i'll do random faves) but this week i'm starting with favorite beauty products. these are things i have tried myself, tested out, and have become utterly obsessed with. i cannot live without these products now! get ready to fall in love.
1. maui babe: posted about this yesterday on my instagram after a day in the sun at red rock resort (loving this place by the way!) and got a few questions like “is that stuff really good?” and “where can you get it.” so, let me just tell you. i am OBSESSED with maui babe. i do not go to the pool without it, i do not go on vacation without it. i do not go anywhere in a swimsuit without it! okay, maybe a hot tub. but otherwise, it is THE best stuff on the planet for getting a tan fast. you can even put it on over sunscreen! yep. sunscreen up, and then apply this over the top. works every time. i also love the after browning lotion. honest to goodness, this stuff really does prolong your tan like nothing else, it will help if you get a burn to peel less, it's just magical. you can find them sometimes in local grocers or at target, but the best deal i've found is here. you can buy both for $25.99.
2. tanwise: i have always been a die-hard fan of st tropez self-tanner, but after my friend cara posted about tanwise on her blog, i decided to give it a try. for $10 i was willing to take a leap. and OH MY GOSH. i'm so glad i did. not only is it WAY cheaper, but i like it even better! it lasts longer. it's a mousse just like st tropez, so you're gonna want to use a tanning mitt to apply. that's the one i use but you can use any. just make sure you wash it out with soap and lukewarm water after and you can use it over and over. i like to put it on just before i go to bed and then sleep in it, and wake up and shower off first thing in the morning. you're not gonna want to use this stuff and then like, do dishes or something. you will get weird streaks and water marks where your skin gets wet! haha. also, i tried the mousse on my face and i don't love it. it was a little intense for my face and made it look a little too overdone. i loved the face gel instead. so get that too. plus both products are ON SALE right now. woo hoo!
3. almay liquid lip balm: my favorite grocery store purchase lately, recommended by the girls over at the beYOUty bureau. love their youtube channel. i've tried 3 different colors so far and my fave is the lilac love.
4. anastasia dipbrow pomade: this is something my friend vivian (the best makeup artist on the planet!) told me about. i went straight to nordstrom and bought myself some and i cannot get over its perfection. it's brow color and wax in one little pot that will last you like FOREVER. really. i am a brow freak so i fill in my brows daily and this stuff is the bee's knees. for my dark hair i bought chocolate.
5. tinkle razor: okay, this says it's an eyebrow razor but, can i tell you a secret? i shave my face now. thanks to the girls at the MM&L show. go watch this video and you will probably want to too! $4 for a hairless face? yes please.
6. too faced beauty blogger darlings: of all the products i recommend here, this one is MY FAVORITE! the chocolate bronzer is absolute perfection. i've tried SOOO MANY bronzers and this one, hands down, is my favorite. the better than sex mascara is to die for. i use it on my bottom lashes since i have extensions on my tops and it's seriously unreal. too faced makes my favorite primers on the planet AND the BEST part of all of this is you get all these products for $20. it's a $42 value and if you bought all of these full-sized to try them out it would cost you exactly $103. so yes, they're smaller tester sizes. but then you get to see if you're completely in love before you fully commit. i can't think of anything better.
there you have my friday faves of the week! let me know if you try any of them out, i'd love to know what you think! have a GREAT WEEKEND!! XOXO