so, yesterday was a little crazy for me covering my faves of the nordstrom anniversary sale and having my blog crash and picking 5 $100 gift card winners! but after going to bed super early i'm feeling all ready to go at it again today and i even have some “deep thoughts” for you guys today. are you ready?
last summer i remember being so sad, like depressed, that i couldn't spend any money at the nordstrom anniversary sale, even though i was picking out favorites that i couldn't buy. i had just had a baby that year, and since we had gone from a family of two with double income to a family of three with a single income, there just wasn't a lot of extra spending money available. i remember feeling like “what if i totally miss out on this year's trend? and these things won't go on sale again until the end of the fall/winter season!” usually when i say stuff like this i'm being funny/dramatic. this time i was just sad.
you know what though? i survived, and i was just fine. we didn't get any new clothes from the nordstrom anniversary sale, but we made the same memories that we would've made last year with or without those clothes.
so, for anyone who can't buy $400 boots that are on sale for $250, i get it. i really do. and this little roundup today is for you. because sometimes you just need a new $12 shirt, or $9 shoes, and all is right in the world 😀
1. forever 21 embroidered woven peasant top: i wore this a couple of days ago on insta and was asked several times where i got it! you know those lucky finds at forever that look like anthro? this is one of them. $24.80
2. forever 21 semi sheer woven top: don't be scared by the word “sheer” because i have this in black and white and it's NOT see-thru at all. in fact i wore it in this post in white. basic and pretty but nice enough to wear on a date. everyone should have this shirt! $12.80
3. gap thin leather strap flip flops: i have these in gold and i'm completely obsessed! they're definitely a nicer/more dressy flip flop. sadly they're sold out in almost every size of gold BUT this cute teal color is on super sale for $9.99 and available in all sizes.
4. tanwise sunless tanner: i mentioned my love for this stuff a while back but it's worth another mention. if you're one of those people who “just doesn't tan” or you need to look tan for a family photo or a date night or whatever 😉 this will change your life! i honestly truly like it even better than $42 st tropez (the self tanner i used to swear by) and it's a fraction of the price. PLUS it's on sale right now – buy 2 get 1 free with code 444147 at checkout. so i'd get the sunless tanner mousse $12.99, self tanning face gel $6.99, and tanning mitt $5.99 (free with promo code if you buy the other 2!).
5. aladdin plastic mason jar tumbler: this baby will keep your drink cool even in the hot sun forEVER! i'm seriously amazed at every time i take it to the beach/pool how long the ice lasts inside this thing. i think it's the double layers?! $14.99 – some colors available in store, some online only.
6. abstract boho kimono: if you've been wanting a cute kimono but can't justify some of the ones that are SO cute but over $100, this is the perfect one for your closet. $15.80