so, yesterday was a little crazy for me covering my faves of the nordstrom anniversary sale and having my blog crash and picking 5 $100 gift card winners! but after going to bed super early i'm feeling all ready to go at it again today and i even have some “deep thoughts” for you guys today. are you ready?
last summer i remember being so sad, like depressed, that i couldn't spend any money at the nordstrom anniversary sale, even though i was picking out favorites that i couldn't buy. i had just had a baby that year, and since we had gone from a family of two with double income to a family of three with a single income, there just wasn't a lot of extra spending money available. i remember feeling like “what if i totally miss out on this year's trend? and these things won't go on sale again until the end of the fall/winter season!” usually when i say stuff like this i'm being funny/dramatic. this time i was just sad.
you know what though? i survived, and i was just fine. we didn't get any new clothes from the nordstrom anniversary sale, but we made the same memories that we would've made last year with or without those clothes.
so, for anyone who can't buy $400 boots that are on sale for $250, i get it. i really do. and this little roundup today is for you. because sometimes you just need a new $12 shirt, or $9 shoes, and all is right in the world 😀
1. forever 21 embroidered woven peasant top: i wore this a couple of days ago on insta and was asked several times where i got it! you know those lucky finds at forever that look like anthro? this is one of them. $24.80
2. forever 21 semi sheer woven top: don't be scared by the word “sheer” because i have this in black and white and it's NOT see-thru at all. in fact i wore it in this post in white. basic and pretty but nice enough to wear on a date. everyone should have this shirt! $12.80
3. gap thin leather strap flip flops: i have these in gold and i'm completely obsessed! they're definitely a nicer/more dressy flip flop. sadly they're sold out in almost every size of gold BUT this cute teal color is on super sale for $9.99 and available in all sizes.
4. tanwise sunless tanner: i mentioned my love for this stuff a while back but it's worth another mention. if you're one of those people who “just doesn't tan” or you need to look tan for a family photo or a date night or whatever 😉 this will change your life! i honestly truly like it even better than $42 st tropez (the self tanner i used to swear by) and it's a fraction of the price. PLUS it's on sale right now – buy 2 get 1 free with code 444147 at checkout. so i'd get the sunless tanner mousse $12.99, self tanning face gel $6.99, and tanning mitt $5.99 (free with promo code if you buy the other 2!).
5. aladdin plastic mason jar tumbler: this baby will keep your drink cool even in the hot sun forEVER! i'm seriously amazed at every time i take it to the beach/pool how long the ice lasts inside this thing. i think it's the double layers?! $14.99 – some colors available in store, some online only.
6. abstract boho kimono: if you've been wanting a cute kimono but can't justify some of the ones that are SO cute but over $100, this is the perfect one for your closet. $15.80
Question- the self tanning face gel is the most similar to St. Tropez (which I currently swear by)? I love a good deal 🙂
Also the promo code doesn’t seem to be working, do you need to be a member?
so sorry jamie! i was told it would work the entire month of july but there must be an error. i will look into it . . .
the face gel is a lot like st tropez too, except it’s more gradual than like a one time huge effect. i use it more than the mousse because it is so gradual. it works great underneath makeup for the day. hope that helps!
Thank you for posting these, Corrine! I’ve recently started following you, & the anniversary sale always makes me want to take a leap & just roll around in it… so it was a little sad, coming back to my senses. That second to last paragraph above was so nice to read.
haha! your comment made me laugh out loud 😀 XO
Haha!! This was so me, Rin!! I’m in the same exact boat! ☺️ Corrine, I loved this post. Thanks for your hard work!! Xo, Emily
I LOVE that self tanner!!! I have been using it since you posted about it a couple of months ago. Now everyone asks me about it and tons of friends have started, too! it’s the BOMB (and cheap!)
it’s the best right?! i’m so glad you like it too!!
Love that tanning cream!
Thanks for being so real! I have also had a baby in the last year and am having the same income situation. I love the Nordys sale but was really struggling with the price tags this year- even though the deals are insane. Thank you for saving me from wallowing in pity.
lindsay – next year will be your year 😀 XOXO
This is so nice of you to do!!! You seem like you have a great heart.
thank you andria! XO
Thanks for doing this post! I love designer stuff (at sale price) when I can afford it, but we’re saving for a kitchen remodel so this additional post is definitely appreciated!
so glad it was helpful jessica! and a kitchen remodel is totally worth saving for 😉
LOVE that embroidered top – I’ve been looking for one like that for a while…just bought it! thanks for finding it :]
yay you’re welcome!
Also, if you use coupon code “EXTRA” or “JULY” on Gap’s website, it takes an additional 30% off, or 40% off with code: “JULYCARD” if you’re a card holder.
so awesome natalie! i should’ve remembered to add those codes to the post. thanks for the reminder!!
I just love this post, because I feel this way most of the time! I love the cheaper deals that I can actually get excited about, so thank you 🙂
thanks jennifer 😀
I don’t usually leave comments, but what a great post on keeping things in perspective. Really appreciated that today!
thank you haley! XO
Love that top you wore from F21, what size do you wear? Would you say it fits true to size? Also, I LOVE your blog!!!! Thanks for all the hard work you do to find all the sales!
sorry i should have added that to my post! i wear a small in both forever 21 tops 😀
I never saw or coud find the post that gave the names of the 5 winners… assuming it wasn’t me, but a girl can dream right?!