You know what one of my most FAVORITE things to find out about is? A new app that changes my life. Something useful. Something fun. Something efficient. I can get pretty intense (ha) about my die-hard love for the apps that I use and love most, so I thought it would be fun to share some of my very most favorite apps in one post. Hopefully you’ll learn about one or two you haven’t tried and end up loving them too!
But first, outfit deets! Especially since there’s a serious sale to call out here.
One trend I am really loving this season is all the fresh takes on a classic pattern and silhouette. You know this blouse totally had me at ruffles! It’s the type of versatile top that you can wear off the clock with your favorite skinnies or on the clock with your favorite work pants. The best part is this blouse is currently 45% off!! Originally $79.50, now it’s $41.99! Ummmm, yes, please!!
Love the “so blue they’re almost black” wash on these jeans! Plus they’re so soft it’s insane. They’re flattering, comfortable and hold their shape all day. I think that makes them a triple threat!
We shot this outfit back at Christmas time when I could still button my pants (ha) but, since I’m 12/13 weeks pregnant, I’ve been loving these jeans combined with this bellaband that I featured as one of my fave first trimester things!
Alright now onto the fun stuff – FAVORITE APPS! Read below for all my most frequently used and loved apps that will change your life!
1) PLANOLY: this is the app I use to plan out my instagram grid, and I rely HEAVILY on it! I can upload photos and see what everything is going to look like in the grid before it goes on instagram, and even preload captions and reminders of when to post! Maybe only helpful for people who run a business on instagram but since it’s one I use so much I thought I’d share! 🙂
2) WAZE: if you live in a place where there are only two stoplights in the town or even one freeway, this app might not be that useful. BUT … if you live somewhere OR you’re driving in a city with lots of traffic, lots of freeways and lots of times you wish you knew the back-roads, this app will change your life! It’s user-generated and will tell you all the ways to sneak around the traffic, it gives you alerts when there’s a police officer ahead, when you’re about to hit traffic, how long you’ll be stuck in traffic, you can even add a stop to your route (need to grab a soda on your way to your appointment?!) AND my favorite new feature, it syncs with spotify so you can change songs while staying in the app! GENIUS!
3) TURO: I just found out about this app a couple months ago but I think it’s SO COOL. It’s a user-generated car rental service where you can rent the exact car you want, when you want it, and often times even have it delivered to you! The rates are almost ALWAYS lower than traditional car rental companies, and you can even pick specialty cars that normally you’d have a very hard time finding from a rental car company. One of my good friends said she used it over Thanksgiving to rent a Tesla SUV for less than a minivan would’ve cost them from a rental car company. Pretty awesome! If you use this link you’ll get $25 off your first rental!
4) DOORDASH: this app has changed my life, for better or worse haha! No really it’s a lifesaver because you can order food from your phone from a bunch of local restaurants, and have it delivered to your doorstep! Not just pizza, but acai bowls, sushi, cupcakes, froyo, all the things. We use this … multiple times a week haha. . I’ll just leave it at that! And if you haven’t tried it yet, you can get $7 off your first order through this link. And if Doordash isn’t available in your area, try Postmates (get $100 credit with code IFB9PY), Grubhub ($7 off your first order!) or UberEats ($5 off your first 3 orders with code eats-ubermintarrow ), all the same idea! I’ve used and loved all of these apps, but doordash is the one we use the most because in our area they tend to have the MOST variety available.
5) LYFT: okay to be honest, I used to be a die-hard Uber fan. I used Uber instead of taxis every time I went to New York, and other busy cities. It’s an app that uses GPS and you can order a car to come get you, and drop you off to your exact location, for a price you can get quoted beforehand! When I first tried Lyft several years ago my only beef with it was that they just didn’t have enough drivers. Times have changed though, and Lyft has I swear just as many if not more, and their drivers are SO NICE and friendly! I still use Uber sometimes, but Lyft is for sure my first choice. If you haven’t tried it yet, you can get $20 off your first Lyft with code CORRINE132131 or $5 off your first Uber with code ubermintarrow in the promo code box.
6) WUNDERGROUND: my sister just told me about this app recently and I’m obsessed! It’s user-generated weather reports so it’s super accurate and gives you amazing tracking for daily or even hourly weather reports. You can get so specific about the location, even down to the neighborhood. I use it way more than my iPhone weather app now.
7) WAG: this is like uber for dogs and it’s AMAZING. We’ve used it so many times when our schedules get crazy but Winnie is dying to get out on a walk. You can order a walk for your dog or even dog sitting or boarding. We used it when our regular places for boarding were all booked up at Thanksgiving. The sweetest lady took Winnie in and watched her for the week we were gone, and gave us multiple daily updates with pictures of how she was doing and where they were going with her, taking her on walks and her kids who were home from college playing with her. All of the walkers and boarders we’ve used are licensed and background checked so I’ve always felt very safe using Wag and we’ve had nothing but amazing experiences. I love this app so much! Use promo code CORRINE6657 to get your first walk free 🙂
8) EVERNOTE: this app is AMAZING for keeping track of your notes and having it synch on ALL your devices – your phone, your tablet, your computer, everything. It’s searchable (even scanned docs!) so you can search for an old receipt or scanned letter. I love using this app for work and personal documents, remembering things people said in speeches or talks or even just advice or new ideas or thoughts I have. I never have to worry if I won’t remember where I saved a note because they’re all saved here, and I can access them from any device.
9) VSCO: this is the app I use to edit almost all of my iPhone photos to post to instagram or facebook! The filters are so pretty and flattering and I feel like it’s very user-friendly. You can also save recipes or if you have one photo that you finally edited perfectly and you took other photos in that same lighting that you want to edit the same way, you can copy your edits by selecting the picture you edited perfectly, tap the three dots in the bottom corner and select “copy,” then select all the pictures you want to put that same edit on and then select “paste.” So fast and easy! I just think their edits are the prettiest and most of the big bloggers I know use VSCO more than any other photo editing app to edit their pictures too.
10) LDS gospel library app: okay, I know probably most people who are members of my church already know about this app. But even if you’re not LDS and you just want to study the bible, or find wholesome videos that will teach your children about good values, or lesson ideas for teaching your family about self-reliance or watch bible videos about Jesus, or listen to uplifting talks from general conference (similar to TED talks), this app is amazing! I use it every single day, at the beginning of my day, to read my scriptures, mark scriptures that I love, make notes, and it’s the one app I let my kids use to watch videos while I do their hair 🙂 It’s free and so useful!
I hope this post helped you discover some new and fun apps that will make your life easier! What are some of YOUR favorite apps? Share them in the comments below!!!