We all have those things we just can’t live without. These pajamas, this face moisturizer, this bra, my favorite curling iron, Diet Coke (obviously) and most recently in the last several months, my APPLE WATCH!! I don’t think I’ve adequately expressed my obsession with this little companion of mine, but I’m completely in love, and today I’m going to tell you all the reasons why and how to get a deal on one.
A lot of people ask what the advantage is to having an Apple watch if you already have an iPhone. Super valid question, but it’s kind of like apples and oranges. Both are fruit, but completely different! So I have the top 10 reasons why my Apple watch has become a total game changer for ME and found this crazy good deal for YOU! Because I’m pretty sure saving money is on everyone’s list of favorite things.
1. Honestly, my very favorite feature of the apple watch is “find my phone.” You swipe up on your watch if you can’t find your phone and tap a little button that makes your phone chime, get this, EVEN IF IT’S ON SILENT!!! Game. Changer.
2. Ever walked around a theme park or chased your kids all day and thought to yourself, “man I feel like I just ran a marathon?” Now you can see just HOW many steps you took and if you really did walk 5,000 miles. You can set a daily goal and get an alert for how close you are to your goal too!
3. If you love leggings you might hate that it’s hard to carry your phone around. BUT if you have an apple watch, it’s totally okay for your phone to be buried in your bag because you’ll still be able to glance at your alerts to see if a text or email is urgent or just your family group text blowing up with 44 texts about the eclipse (or was that just me? ha).
4. The Series 2 Apple watch (the one I have) is water resistant up to 50 meters. I love this for days that I’m swimming with my kids or at the beach or whatever and don’t want to be distracted by my phone being out, but I need to know if someone’s calling me or want to see what time it is.
5. I love that you can totally change the look of your apple watch with different bands and you can get the bands from anywhere – not just an apple retailer! Lots of cute/affordable options here and here. They literally slide right in and out so it take 2 seconds to switch them up!
6. One huge advantage of the apple watch over other fitness tracker and time tellers is that it’s compatible with TONS of apps! So if you want a notification from instagram when your favorite blogger posts (ha!) or if you’re looking for alerts or quick reminders from any other app, this watch will do that for you. I get alerts from my Vivint home system on my apple watch which I love.
7. I can actually PUT my phone away during a date with my husband or lunch date with a friend. I know I already said this about the bag, but I had kind of an interesting conversation with my parents and siblings a few weeks ago when I was home in Utah. My brother Stephen pulled out his phone at the END of the night, while every one of us had been looking at our phones at least a little during dinner. He said he’s made it a habit to just put it away while he’s out to eat with someone else and I was like, you know what, that’s awesome. In the past I’ve said I can’t do that when I’m out on a date with Neil in case a babysitter needs me, but with the apple watch, I would get an alert for an urgent phone call or text! On the flip side, you have to be careful to not look at the watch because I kind of feel like the universal sign for “I’m bored” is looking at your watch! 🙂
8. SO many display options!! You can have jumbo numbers displayed just to tell the time, a favorite picture in the background, or (my personal preference) a little info screen with the current temp, calendar date, time, and another time zone too! It’s way easy to swap between displays too, its a matter of swiping left or right (without looking for your next date haha). P.S. I’ve had a few people ask what size I have, and I have the 38mm! It’s the perfect size for me, not too huge but not too small either 😉
10. Hello? Is anyone there? Say goodbye to freak-out sessions when your phone rings at the other end of the house and you know you’re about to miss an important call!! You can answer and make calls on your apple watch, as long as your phone is within bluetooth distance. This feature has saved me several times when I’ve needed to confirm a delivery or catch someone calling me back after being on a waiting list!
Right now you can save $70 off either a Series 1 or Series 2 Apple watch here. They still have so many different styles and colors still available. (including this rose gold and pink one like mine!) I’m not sure how long this sale will last and these watches don’t go on sale very often, which is why I jumped on the chance to have a little chat about my obsession with you!
See all the apple watches on sale here: