for friday faves today i decided to highlight some favorite men’s shoes that are on CLEARANCE during the nordstrom clearance sale! plus two of our favorite men’s dress shoes that are not on sale but worth the investment if you need a pair that will be a definite win.
if your man is anything like mine, he probably is okay with wearing the same pair of shoes for like a decade. kind of like his affliction shirts, that i finally had to ban. he’s allowed to wear them for yard work or the gym. ha.
so i always like to get neil’s shoes at nordstrom. first of all, they aren’t going to sell anything hideously off-trend. so i’m not holding my breath walking in there hoping he doesn’t pick something awful. it’s like when all the choices are good to great to amazing, you’re not going to go home with anything you secretly hope he never wears. also, nordstrom only sells the best quality stuff so i never worry about spending a bunch of money on something that will fall apart 2 weeks later. and lastly, the nordstrom CLEARANCE SALE – hello. let’s pair affordable with the highest quality and you just put me in high-end deal heaven.
also, christmas time is always a good excuse to slip in some new shoes that i can swap out for old ones that he thinks are “just fine.” he always ends up liking them better anyway! ahhh it feels good to be right.
all images are clickable.
1. lacoste andover LCR sneaker: great casual kicks. was $79.95, on clearance $47.96
2. sanuk vagabond slip-on: i think neil has worn these 3x a week since i bought him a pair. was $54.95, on clearance $33.36
3. sperry top-sider authentic original burnished boat shoe: comfort meets classy. was $94.95, on clearance $59.90
4. john varvatos richards formal derby: a great staple for the man who dresses up daily. was $650, on clearance $432.90
5. nike free trainer 3.0 training shoe: the look of frees + the practicality of a trainer. was $110, now $65.98
6. john varvatos hipster chukka boot: my husband’s favorite dress shoe. nice enough for dressy-casual, casual enough for casual-dressy. and WAY comfortable. $198
7. stance graves socks: the new “it” socks. super soft and warm and comfy. $14
8. magnanni pardo derby: (not pictured) our other favorite dress shoe! $295
hope that helps some of you with your early holiday shopping. get that guy some new kicks for under the tree this year.