hello from cannon beach oregon! i’ve been on such a fun girls’ trip with my mom (a bountiful kitchen) and my sister (female foodie) all week, so today for my friday faves feature, i decided to feature some of our FAVORITE travel items! i’m including a splurge or save option for each item, and my strong (as usual) opinion on which you can save on and which you really should splurge on!
all images are clickable:
[show_ms_widget id=”3153367″ image_id=”3289099″ width=”691″ height=”1290″]
1. splurge – yosi samra ballet flats: i cannot recommend these highly enough!! i can walk around in these ALL DAY LONG and they don’t hurt my feet. if there’s ONE thing you splurge on please let it be these. they also fold in half to easily pull out if you’re wearing other shoes and need some guaranteed go-tos on a trip. $66
save – target ballet flats: cute and okay to wear for an hour or two, but not suitable for walking all day long while traveling. great price though! $16.99
2. splurge – MZ wallace medium metro quilted nylon tote: i honestly love this bag so much! 3 zipper compartments to completely enclose my nice camera (one that’s big enough for my DSLR!) or sunnies or iphone from sand at the beach, folds and squishes into my suitcase super easily, great for having an extra big bag that you can easily pack. $185
save – forever 21 slouchy faux leather shopper: kind of the same idea for an amazing price! no zipper up top but totally easy to shove into your suitcase for an extra bag on a trip. $24.80
3. splurge: humangear gotoob: my mom has been using these all summer while she travels and LOVES how easily she can take the exact shampoo/conditioner from home that she loves and refill it at home. $10.95 for two. silicone and squishable with a super wide opening, making use over and over easy and doable.
save – target up&up travel bottles: same idea but $1.19 a piece! if you’re not a big-time traveler, probably one you should save on.
4. splurge – athleta terry scarf: we all swear by traveling with a scarf! instantly warms you up, makeshifts as a pillow, even a partial blankie. this one is lightweight enough to wear in summer months too. $32
save – forever 21 striped infinity scarf: i think this is every bit as cute as the athleta one and if it were me, i’d save on this item! $9.80
5. splurge – babyliss pro nano titanium travel dryer: i’m obsessed with my full size babyliss dryer but this travel version is SO CHEAP for a nice dryer! $34.99. GET THIS ONE.
save – conair infiniti pro travel dryer: only posting this to show that the “save” version is just as expensive as my “splurge” find. $34.99 and probably works fine, but the babyliss will be way better i promise!
6. splurge – zella trinity jacket: i LOVE traveling with a jacket like this! and of course, love the mint. $88 and worth it if you’re weird about the full zip like i am. LOVE zella products too! you’ll use this over and over and over.
save – forever 21 high collar running jacket: super cute and if the half zip doesn’t bug you, SUCH a good deal! $27.80
happy friday, happy weekend, and happy traveling!! XO