did you know you can paint your nails and make them LAST A WEEK?! yep! truth. you wanna know how?? keep reading.
this isn’t exactly breaking news. in fact, i came up with this formula last summer. but i figured it deserved another updated post because a) what if someone didn’t already know this amazing secret!? it’s one of my best and one that i truly use WEEKLY. which leads me to b) i’ve had even more time to perfect this! and found a few additional tips and juicy secrets to go along with the hack. and i would just be a bad friend if i didn’t eventually share these secrets, right?
but first thing’s first.
the way to hack that shellac is this:
why i am OBSESSED with this method:
– it lasts 7 days with minimal to no chipping! (see photos below for proof)
– NO drilling off your shellac at the salon! or wrapping your fingers in tin foil. what are you, leftovers? this comes right off with good old nail polish remover.
– super cheap! for less than 1 trip to the nail salon you can buy everything you need to do this over and over.
– change your color weekly. who doesn’t get sick of the same color after 2 weeks of shellac?
i seriously love this method of doing my nails so much that i do it every friday night, without fail. and i’ve saved myself hundreds of dollars that i would’ve spent every two weeks getting shellac done.
– a few people have reported that their shellac hack peels after 3 or 4 days. if this happens to you, skip the hard as wraps. you actually don’t need it! it’s nice for strengthening your nails but totally optional. skipping that step should help.
– one friend told me that she has the best success with doing just 1 layer of the gelous, 2 layers in a row of polish, and the topcoat to finish.
– be SURE that your nails are clean and dry before you start the hack. actually, sometimes it sticks even better if you lightly file the top of each nail first! it sounds weird i know, but try it. just a very light filing all over the top of each nail.
i actually got to go hang out with brooke walker today at studio 5 to talk all about my shellac hack! here’s the video:
so tell me what you think if you try the hack! do you love it? hate it? want to write me into your will because i changed your life? 😉 ha. let me know!