since my post yesterday on the $5 off $25 credit at amazon toward ANYTHING, i have been thinking … and i decided it might be fun and (hopefully!) helpful for some of my readers to hear about a few of my favorite random things to buy on amazon.
first of all, you can set yourself up with a huge monthly savings by doing subscribe & save on everything from toilet paper, diapers, cleaning supplies, pantry items, etc. and if you order 5 or more items you save 15% off ALL of them (20% if you’re an amazon moms member!). i will dedicate another post to explaining this amazing concept. but for now, here are some of the most fun random items i’ve ordered and loved from amazon!
1. Zyliss MagiCan Can Opener: i already blogged about this once but i really am obsessed with this can opener. it is the BEST can opener ever and for $10 everyone needs this! the best part about it is it opens the can from the side and holds the top so that it doesn’t fall into your can once it’s opened. you just have to see it to believe it. also featured in REAL SIMPLE as one of the 42 items you shouldn’t live (or cook) without.
2. Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater: this sucker is perfect for grating fresh parm, citrus, chocolate, spices, it does the job perfectly every single time. i own two i’m so in love. everyone should own this!
3. Sexy Hair Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing and Texturizing Powder: use this stuff daily. i’ve tried many, many dry shampoos and this one is my FAVE. recommended by my hair girl AND a former miss USA contestant (who is also my BFF!) for refreshing greasy hair and adding volume. i’d eat pb&j for days if i had to just so i could have this! super-duper on sale at the moment for $8.47 (43% off). trust me that’s a GREAT price for this stuff!
4. St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: truly the best self tanner EVER. goes on super well and you can easily avoid streaks because it’s a mousse. looks the most like a real tan of any product i have ever tried! this stuff is idiot proof. 🙂 you can just use a basic lotion (anything you have at home) around your elbows, knees and feet before you apply to avoid build-up in those dry areas. 1 tip though, you MUST buy the mitt to go with it or else you will stain your hands. just make sure you wash the mitt out and you can use it over and over. don’t ever pay for a spray tan again. just use this stuff!
5. EOS Ultra Moisturizing Shave Cream in Vanilla Bliss, 7-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 3): so i just tried this for the first time last week, and they might as well rename this shaving butter. because that’s what it feels like! butter. SO smooth and moisturizing for your legs.
6. The Perfectly Imperfect Home: How to Decorate and Live Wellkind of a random item but one of my favorite amazon buys of all time! it’s first of all a very cute coffee table book, but it also is super useful! i read it cover to cover in a day and felt like i came away with lots of ideas on how to better decorate and furnish my home. i’ve referred to it several times since i bought it.
7. The America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook 3rd Edition: Cookware Rating Edition: speaking of books, if i had to pick just ONE cookbook to recommend (which is hard because i have SO many and love them all!), this is the one i would pick. i use it over and over and over for everything. and it never, ever lets me down. america’s test kitchen has perfected just about everything in their test kitchen and slapped the best of the best in this cookbook. lots of recipes include make-ahead instructions too which are a life-saver sometimes! love the companion family baking book too. next on my wishlist is the quick family cookbook. anyone have this?
8. Nielsen-Massey Vanillas Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Paste, 32 Ounce: this stuff will CHANGE.your.LIFE. i use it in everything. chocolate chip cookies, whipping cream, any baked good that uses vanilla extract … now i use vanilla bean paste instead. it makes everything taste better! the conversion to vanilla extract is exactly the same. 1 tsp = 1 tsp. so easy. and so amazing. just do it.
9. Diono Buggy Buddy Stroller Organizer: this also should just be re-named as “the best parent console EVER” because it is. it fits pretty much any stroller out there and it’s dirt cheap. but it works so well! you can turn it so the diono part faces in and the plain black faces out. i have 2 of these and i kind of want a 3rd. ha ha. trust me, there’s no reason to buy one of those $30 parent consoles that is made just for your BOB, your city select, your uppa baby, your britax, or whatever else you’re pushing around town. just get this little guy instead. you can thank me later.
10. Noodle & Boo Super Soft Lotion: the most heavenly baby lotion of all time. every time i put this on my baby people say “oh your baby smells SO good!” it’s like an angel. (this corn is like an angel.) no but really, it is. i will be sad when my baby isn’t a baby anymore and i can’t use this stuff. or maybe i’ll just keep buying it until she goes to college. and then i’ll keep it around for grandbabies. you know what i mean.
so that’s a little of everything that i like! some house stuff, some cooking, some beauty, and even a couple baby items. 😀