I’m not a huge lover of camping and the outdoors. I like to go on a beautiful hike, but my idea of fun is sitting on the beach, going shopping, eating at a nice restaurant, getting a pedicure. Classic girly girl. I’m something like this:
Ha. BUT, my sister has that outdoor enthusiast blood running through her veins. while my dream vacation is a trip to Paris to shop the Champs Elysees, hers is to hike Kilimanjaro. Which yes, she has done. SO, I recruited her skills and taste for this outdoor enthusiast gift guide. If you have someone who LOVES the outdoors to shop for this holiday season, this gift guide will not steer you wrong! Most of these picks are gender neutral, AND all will ship in time for Christmas free (see details below).
Thanks Brookie for your help today!!
1. Camelbak HydroBak 50 oz Hydration Pack: I like this because it’s small and lightweight. Awesome for hiking and trail running. Great if you’re training for a marathon this winter.
2. Kahtoola MICROspikes Traction System: Awesome to keep you hiking throughout the winter- made to hike in snow/icy conditions.
3. Arcteryx Gothic Glove: I loooove this glove. Made of merino wool (amazing insulator in the cold). Awesome for running, snowshoeing, doing anything outside. Super lightweight. Light enough to use for everyday also.
4. Nike Element Half Zip Top: Great base layer to wick away sweat.
5. Patagonia Water Repellent 800 Fill Power Down Sweater Jacket: The greatest insulator for outdoors in the winter. Lightweight and compressable.
6. Nike Pro Hyperwarm Mezzo Compression Tights: Cause you need tights to do things outside in the winter.
7. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter: Over 2k 4 and 5 star ratings, an amazing lightweight water filter for emergencies while hiking or doing anything outdoors.
8. Petzl E91 PL Tikkina 2 Headlamp: A solid headlamp at an affordable price.
9. Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest SOLite Sleeping Pad: Great reviews and a must if you’re going backpacking.
10. Asolo Women’s Atlantis Gore-Tex Waterproof Backpacking Boot: My favorite hiking boot! Love that this one has goretex.
11. Darn Tough Merino Wool Boot Sock Cushion: Favorite socks for hiking; my dad loves these for hunting too.
12. Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock: This is something really fun that a lot of people that are into the outdoors dont have.
All of the Nordstrom gifts will ship free in time for Christmas, and all of the Amazon gifts will ship 2-day free for prime members! If you don’t have a prime account you sign up for a free 30-day trial account here! Or if you have kids (or even grandkids!) you can sign up for an Amazon Moms free 30-day subscription and get extra discounts on diapers, wipes, etc.
If you’re still looking for gift ideas, here are some of my other gift guides this season:
Men’s Holiday Gift Guide
Women’s Gift Guide: What You’ll Be Glad You Asked for This Christmas!
Expectant Mother’s Gift Guide
Stocking Stuffers Under $10 & Entertainer Gifts Under $50
Kid’s Cold Weather Coats and Shoes
Favorites from the Nordstrom Toy Shop