the trick to getting hunter boots cheap!

HUNTERCHEAP

do you guys want to know a good secret? really. this is a good one.

did you know that if you’re a woman with size 9 or smaller feet, you can buy KIDS hunter boots? yes. i speak the truth. i’m an 8.5 and hunters run a little big so i actually buy an 8 in women’s hunters. but not now. not now that i know i can get hunters in kid’s sizes! here’s how it works.

if you’re a size 9 women’s in hunters, you can actually order a 7 in kids. the measurements are the same! look at this measurement chart – see the women’s conversion all the way over to the right? yep.

hunter_kids_shoe_size_conversion_width_combo

and guess what’s even better! i found an amazing sale (of course!) on some kids hunter boots. if it’s been raining in your area like it has in ours (poured ALL DAY yesterday) you need these! they’re the perfect spring accessory for your closet. you’ll probably wear them way more than you think.

so okay back to the sale. they’re ON SALE right now here in periwinkle or pink for $52.99. are you kidding me? that is SO CHEAP. a pair of full-price women’s hunters is $140. which … sometimes is worth it. take for example the mint hunters that i have wanted for EVER that i blogged about here.

***update*** the sale i linked to above sold out really fast after i posted about it! but you can often get hunter boots on sale here.Β – make sure you are ordering BIG KID if you are trying to get them for an adult with the sizing chart switch mentioned above.

ALSO, another update: for those who asked (because lots of you were curious!) i ran into nordys and tried on both the kid and adult boots and snapped a couple quick iphone pictures to compare. here’s what they look like side-by-side. the kid ones are for sure a bit more tapered around the calf, which isn’t an issue for me since i don’t have super muscly ripped calves! but if you have a wider calf this might not be the best option for you.

kidvsadult

hope this helps some of you get some of my favorite boots ever! i promise you will not be disappointed in your purchase.

Comments

Erica:

This is the best news I’ve heard today. Thank you for sharing!

yay you’re welcome!

A. Hill:

How tall are you so I can get an idea of the height they’ll be on me

i’m 5’9″ πŸ˜€ hope that helps!

Rachelle Davis:

So glad to see you posted this! Made me giddy!

Becky:

Very good to know, but only question would be is are they going to be as tall?

hi becky, i updated the post with a side-by-side comparison so you can see both πŸ™‚

Maria:

Since they are kids size, would they be smaller? Would they still come up to mid calf?

hi maria, i just did a quick update on the post with a photo that shows you a side-by-side comparison!

Michelle:

I have not seen bigger than kids size 5.
I wear 7.5/8 in woman but 6 in big kids would fit nicely with socks on. Tried my daughter’s (kids size 5) and too tight in width.
Ok, just read the latest post, that’s what I thought! What a bummer!!!

Brittany:

LOVE! I want to get the pink one for my daughter! ah, you get me in trouble πŸ˜‰

haha! sorry πŸ™‚

Elizabeth carpenter:

I have a tiny foot (size 5) and always suffered growing up trying to find women’s shoes that fit me b/c I didn’t want to wear kids shoes forever! Funny how I find myself buying more kids shoes now in my 30’s lol! I scored a pair of kids hunters on eBay a year ago and I also buy kids nikes, etc b/c those are typically much less also. Great tip for your readers! Happy weekend!

thanks elizabeth! i’m actually pretty jealous of your tiny feet πŸ˜‰

Lesley:

Is there a big difference in shaft height? I am 5’11” amd am afraid the kid’s would be too short

yes i agree, there’s a difference. i just posted a side-by-side photo so you can see exactly what the difference looks like!

Heather Bowling:

I tried this and unfortunately my calves are too wide and the boot shaft ended right at the widest part. πŸ™

darn, sorry heather! πŸ™

EHayes:

Whoops hit send too soon! I’m 5’2″ and wear kids hunters and I think the shaft if lower (not sure the exact inches) then the women’s boots. Women’s size would hit me right under the knee, mine hit a few inches inches below.

Rachelle:

Anything above a size 5 is already gone and the Blue (which isn’t called periwinkle) is already out of stock. Don’t be surprised when you click the link to find that it’s not worth it.

sorry rachelle, the original sale i posted sold out super fast after i posted it! i updated the post with a link to another sale. hope that’s helpful πŸ™‚

Brigitte:

This is such a great deal! I wear a size 6 in womens, but am usually a size 7 normally in other shoes. Is the conversion table you posted specific to Hunter boots? So if I am a size 6 in womens Hunters I would be a size 4 in kids?

brigitte, yes i believe so! check the sizing chart that i posted to be sure you’re ordering the right size πŸ™‚

Chanel:

They only have these up to a size 4 kids πŸ™

chanel, sorry they sold out so fast! i updated the post with a different sale πŸ™‚

Addi Hewlett:

Ugh I so wish my feet were smaller!!! Curse me and my size 11 feet. Even in Hunters I wear a size 10. DANG! But what a good trick!

darn sorry addi! πŸ™

Samantha:

I was looking into the sizing difference, and I’m a little confused. I am the same size as you, an 8.5, so I would go down a half size, since they run big, which based on the chart you posted, means I would buy a kids size 6. But the hunter women’s size chart says a size 8 measures 9 3/4 inches, and is a European size 39. But those stats match up with the kids size 7 on your chart, not the 6. I haven’t tried them on, but since you just took a picture wearing them, what kids size was it that fit you? The 6, or the 7?

haha! i am confused now too πŸ™‚ i would just go off the chart i posted above – if you look all the way to the right it will tell you the conversion for women’s sizes. that worked perfectly for me!

Ashley:

This is one tip/secret I have loved. I wear a size 5.5 or 6 in most shoes and save a ton of money buying in the kids shoe section. They also tend to fit me better because I am short (5 ft) so for me it’s a win win!!

Christine:

Hey Corrine! I found some mint kids at Nordstrom on sale right now, but it only goes to a size 6 and I’m a size 7. I started looking elsewhere and size 6 is the biggest kid size but you mentioned on this post there are size 7s..am I missing something? Cuz that could be a high possibility!

hi christine! i have seen them in a size 7 but it’s rare. i’ll keep an eye out for you!

Deb:

I was thrilled when I learned this “trick!”
At 5′ 2″, the women’s Hunter Wellies were out of the question. I tried on a pair in ‘my size” and they looked absolutely ridiculous because they came up above my knee and the too-wide openings flopped back and forth making it nearly impossible to walk.

I wear a women’s 7-7.5, so last fall, I decided to purchase the big kids size 6 after reading many, many reviews from petite women saying they were the perfect alternative. Sadly, at that time, they were all sold out.
This morning, after 2 hours of searching, I was unable to find a big kids size 6 anywhere, I called Hunter. I was told that the big kids size 6 had been discontinued due to “lack of sales.” Really?
I think it’s much more likely they were discontinued due to the ‘secret’ getting out that adult women were buying the boots at a substantial savings.

Way to go Hunter. By discontinuing the big kids size 6, you’ve lost all the petite women (and there are many of us) who can’t wear the adult sizes, not to mention all the big kids that actually wear a size 6.

such a bummer!! πŸ™

Claire:

Hey there! Any chance you know where to get a size 7 these days? I only ever see up to a size 6! πŸ™

another reader commented a while back and said that hunter stopped making size 7 big kid anymore πŸ™ such a bummer! so sorry!

Grace:

On the website now it says the kids sizes go to 6 so I was wondering if I’m a size 8-8.5 what size I should get? Thanks so much for your help!!!!

so sorry i’m just barely seeing this! yes if you are a size 8 or 8.5 (like me!) then you need a 6 in big kids! πŸ˜€

Mone't:

Did you order from their site? I went on the site and got confused when I see sizes starting with 12.

Please help!

Cori Whittington:

You are the bomb! I’ve been looking for some forever but not wanting to pay $150. SO so so glad I stumbled upon your site! (:

yay i’m so glad too!!

Michelle:

hi, i am looking to buy these for my daughter we tried on the kids they are shorter on her leg wears a 6 in the kids, which on the back they have two silver reflectors, that are childish looking, yes i can save money but then you have to sharpy out the silver reflector. the womans she was a 6 also and they have an adjustable buckle in the back, no reflector, and come up 2-3 inches taller then the children’s. just an f.y.i. for everyone to note

Jan:

Agree with Michelle- the four reflectors on the backs of the Kid’s boots look childish!!

i have some and i don’t think it’s a big deal at all πŸ™‚

Rachel:

So excited , but I can’t find any Big Kid 6 or 7 .

so sorry, they’ve stopped making the larger big kids’ sizes since this post was published πŸ™

Riley:

Hi! Great trick, but I’m an 8.5 women’s but I think Hunter now only goes up to a 5 in kids, am I correct? Did they change sizing or is there anywhere I can find a kid’s 6.5?

Riley:

Hi! Great trick, I’m an 8.5 women’s but I think Hunter now only goes up to a 5 in kids, am I correct? Did they change sizing or is there anywhere I can find a kid’s 6.5?

they’ve since stopped making bigger kids’ sizes since i published this post, so sorry!

Coreen Connolly:

Just want to be Sure I understand…I wear a 71/2 US…so is that a 5 or 6 in Big Kids ? Because, I tried on a 5 in the Womens Hunters—and it fit…but NOT those $$$$$$

Coreen Connolly:

OOPs…Forgot to ask the Obvious question…….IF we wear HALF sizes in US …..do they do Half in Hunter…or do we Size UP ?

Sheila:

Wow! This is amazing! I am an 8.5-9.0, and a size 39 in Dansko clogs (which is a touch big, so I wear thick socks). I have been scouring all of the websites for size 7M Big Kids, but the stores must be on to this trick. For an original cost of $75 rather than $140, I will keep on looking. …I also have to wonder, with people self-conscious about shoe size, why don’t they allow women to use these smaller sizes! πŸ˜‰ Thank you so much!

Shelby:

How do these fit with jeans tucked into them? Also, do you know if the kids sizes run big just like the woman’s ones? I know the measurements seem to be the same, but the kids ones look like they’re a tighter fit.

they are slightly tighter but i can fit skinny jeans into them just fine! πŸ™‚

Jan:

The downside to ordering the Kid’s sizes- they have two large silver reflectors (one at the top and one at the bottom) at the back of each boot. I’m sure this is to protect the little ones in “London fogs” and on rainy,cloudy days and evenings. Cute and understandable on the kids,but a bit “dorky” for adults!!!

i have a pair and i really don’t think it’s dorky or a big deal at all – just a matter of opinion i guess πŸ™‚

Coreen Connolly:

Man ….Am I Super Bummed Out !! I just got the Lipstick Pink Hunter boots I ordered…..Too Small !! ++I Followed the Chart on the Big Kid size…so I wear a 7 1/2…so I ordered a size 5. Waaay too Tight…instep is almost impossible to get on / off ( I had my neighbor Pull it off !!) I spoke to a Hunter rep on the phone….she says that chart is only good for the British Hunter Boots ….Plus….they don’t have MY Us size ..7 1/2. NOW….I’m soooo SAD…..

Maddie:

This saved my life!!! Just ordered the Lipstick Pink for Christmas and they fit like a dream! Definitely going to splurge one some more, you can get two big kids pairs for the price of one pair of womens!! Yay for small feet